Do you plan to make marinated steak kabobs during the summer but want them to be juicy and flavorful? Preparing a good marinade is the secret!
After marinating the meat for hours, you’ll have a delicious meal that everyone will love, especially during the grilling season!
Therefore, preparing this marinade is the first step to making the most delicious steak kabobs with juicy meat, tender potatoes, and colorful veggies!
Do you want to try it yourself to surprise your friends or family at the next cookout? Here’s a short step-by-step guide and some tips to make the best marinade for beef kabobs!
Ingredients to Make Steak Kabobs
After preparing our delicious marinade, it’s time to make these delicious marinated beef kabobs. These are the ingredients I often use:
- 1 ½ pounds sirloin steak (You can also use sirloin tips)
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 1 pound baby Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 red onion
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard (You can also use whole-grain mustard)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
Prep/Cook Time and Yield
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
Steps to Make Marinated Beef Kabobs
Did you already gather all the ingredients to make these mouth-watering steak kabobs? These are the steps you must follow to prepare them:
- Cut the sirloin steak into 1-inch cubes and marinate them as explained above
- Chop the red onion, green bell peppers, and other vegetables into 1-inch cubes
- Pour the chopped potatoes into a large pot with salted water and bring to a boil for at least 6 minutes or until tender
- Drain the boiled potatoes and toss them with olive oil, mustard, and rosemary
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to high heat
- Drizzle the chopped vegetables with the reserved marinade to give the meat kabobs more flavor
- Assemble the beef kabobs, alternating between chopped vegetables and beef cubes until the wooden skewers are filled (You’ll have about 4-5 pieces of steak on each skewer)
- Put the beef kabobs on the grill and reduce the heat to medium-high
- Grill the kabobs for at least eight minutes, flipping each one every three minutes until the meat is done to your preference and the vegetable chunks are a little charred around the edges
- Take the beef kabobs from the grill
- Let them rest for at least five minutes and serve them!
Tips to Make the Best Kabobs
Now that you know how I make my beef kabobs, are you ready to try this recipe yourself? Here are some tips to help you get the best results.
- While cutting the vegetables or marinating the meat, place wooden skewers in water to soak
- Make sure the grill is clean before putting on the beef kabobs
- Always preheat the grill before putting the kabobs to help vegetables get a nice char and cook evenly
- Reduce the heat to medium-high heat to cook kebabs evenly
- Using tongs, flip each wooden skewer every two to three minutes to make sure all sides of the beef kabobs are well-cooked and have a nice char
- Always keep an eye on how fast the kabobs cook, as grill times can vary depending on the grill’s temperature
- Try not to overcook the meat to make juicy and delicious beef kabobs
If you don’t have some ingredients to make these delicious marinated beef kabobs, don’t worry! You can use some substitutions, including the following:
When I don’t have lemon juice to make marinated beef kabobs, I use red wine vinegar. It gives our meat a tangy and slightly sweet flavor!
Balsamic vinegar can also work perfectly if you want your steak kebabs to be more delicious and sweet!
If you don’t have soy sauce at home, you can also marinate these steak kabobs with coconut aminos. The taste will be the same!
I always use sirloin steak to make this recipe, but a beef tenderloin is also a good option.
Vegetables and Herbs
We can also use other vegetables, such as cherry tomatoes or different bell pepper varieties to give this recipe a twist.
Moreover, if you don’t have minced garlic, you can also use garlic powder. If you are looking for a vegetarian marinade, my ramen egg marinade recipe is one of my favorite healthy dishes!
As you can see, to make juicy or delicious steak kabobs, we need a good marinade.
Do you want to surprise your loved ones or show off your culinary skills at the next summer cookout? With this recipe, you can make the most delicious marinated beef kabobs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Steak Kabobs and Beef Kebabs the Same?
Yes, they are! Their names are different, but the recipe is the same. Want another steak marinade recipe? Give our philly cheesesteak marinade a try!
Can I Use a Grill Pan to Make These Marinated Beef Kabobs?
Of course! If you have a grill pan, it’s perfect for making these steak kebabs.
How Long Should I Marinate the Meat?
You can marinate the meat for two to five hours before making these steak kebabs. However, I always try to marinate it for at least 24 hours to give it more flavor!
Beef Kabob Marinade
Do you want to show off your culinary skills at the next summer cookout? With this beef kabob marinade recipe, you can make the most delicious poolside meal.
- ¼ c. olive oil
- ¼ c. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ c. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Pour all of the marinade ingredients into a medium bowl. Mix all the ingredients until perfectly combined.
- Reserve a tablespoon of the marinade. Set aside.
- Add the meat of your choice to a zip-lock bag and pour the marinade.
- Put the bag in the fridge and let the meat marinate overnight.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 129Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 919mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g