Whoever decided to add a little bit of Fireball whiskey to a Rumchata shot is an absolute genius! Named after the famous cinnamon toast crunch cereal, this is one cocktail recipe you will need to have up your sleeve for that special occasion.
A lot of people who know about the cinnamon toast crunch cereal are a bit skeptical about this “adult version” cinnamon sugar mixture. I was the same when I first came across a recipe for cinnamon whiskey.
However, since I already had a bottle of fireball whiskey in the cabinet, and a cocktail shaker that was gathering dust on the shelf, I decided to go out and get the final ingredient; a bottle of Rumchata.
After just one taste of this cinnamon toast crunch shot, I was hooked! Since then, I have tweaked my recipe a bit and will now share with you the ultimate cinnamon toast crunch shot recipe! If you’re feeling even more nostalgic, the gummy bear shot is also a great option.
What’s a Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shot?
A cinnamon toast crunch shot is simply a cocktail made with Rumchata and Fireball whisky.
It is garnished by a cinnamon sugar rim on the shot glass that gives it both its name and the unique cinnamon flavoring that you will soon love.
The creamy feel of the cinnamon toast crunch drink is what fans of the cocktail love the most, along with the subtle undertones of the Rumchata shot. If you like the creamy taste in your shots, our blow job shot recipe would be right up your alley too!
If you are a fan of sweet drinks, such as vanilla vodka, you should try a few cinnamon toast crunch shots and see what you have been missing!
How To Enjoy the Spicy Cinnamon Flavor
There are two common ways you can enjoy a cinnamon toast crunch drink; as a shot or in a rocks glass as a cocktail.
With such a strong sweet taste due to the addition of the granulated sugar mixture on the rims of the shot glasses, it’s easy to see why many people prefer to drink it as a cocktail.
By pouring your cinnamon toast crunch shot into a rocks glass, you get the benefit of diluting the sweet treat a bit using the ice cubes, which allows you to drink it slowly and thus enjoy your cinnamon toast crunch shot even more.
My Thoughts on Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shots
I used to love cinnamon sweet cereal growing up! Therefore, my verdict on the cinnamon toast crunch shot may be a bit biased. However, these are the key takeaways:
- Thanks to the cinnamon sugar mixture, this is a sweet drink! Therefore, it might not be for everyone but is worth a try
- Use ice to dilute the cinnamon sugar a bit and you will find it a lot more palatable
- Drink it once in a while because cinnamon toast crunch shots are not meant as an everyday drink
More About Fireball Cinnamon Whisky
Fireball whisky is produced in Canada by mixing Canadian whisky and cinnamon.
It is very sweet with a spicy after-taste that lends it the name Fireball!
At 33% ABV, Fireball whiskey has less alcohol than the standard whiskey, which is about 40% alcohol content. This is great because it helps you to drink responsibly
More About Rumchata
Made in Wisconsin, Rumchata is a creamy liquor created by mixing rum, vanilla, cinnamon, sugar, and cream.
This makes Rumchata a mixture of dairy and rum, which is great for making cocktails!
There are other drinks that you can make with Rumchata, such as Rumchata Coffee and Rumchata White Russian.
Although it is a creamy drink with lots of dairy qualities, Rumchata does not have to be refrigerated because the rum acts like a preservative that keeps all the other ingredients from going bad too quickly.
The result of this unique blend is that an opened bottle of Rumchata can be kept in a cabinet for up to nine months, while a sealed bottle will last for many years.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shot Recipe Tips
Following this cinnamon toast crunch shot recipe is very easy, but here are some tips that you may need:
- Do not shake for less than 30 seconds after you add the Rumchata and Fireball whisky to the ice cubes so that your shots will be ice-cold
- A splash of vanilla vodka will go well with this drink
- You can crush real cinnamon toast crunch cereal and use the crumbs to rim your shot glasses
- Try the cinnamon toast crunch shot pudding for something extra special! Simply mix your Rumchata and fireball whisky with instant vanilla pudding and some milk and enjoy
If you have not yet tried this cinnamon toast crunch shot recipe, you are missing out on something special.
It’s easy to make because it only has two main ingredients and will not take more than five minutes of your time.
Try now, with or without the extra garnish, and enjoy the spicy cinnamon flavor of Rumchata and Fireball whiskey!
- 1 oz. Fireball whisky
- 2 oz. RumChata
- Cinnamon sugar to rim the shot glasses (Two parts cinnamon and one part sugar)
- 1 cinnamon stick and whipped cream to garnish (optional)
To make this drink, you will need ice, a cocktail shaker, shot glasses, and a cocktail strainer. You can also use a jigger if you want to improve your accuracy when adding the liquors.
1. Start by mixing the cinnamon and sugar for the rims of your shot glasses. Dip your shot glass rim into water to wet it. Then, dip it it into the cinnamon sugar mixture to rim it.
2. Grab your cocktail shaker, add the Fireball, RumChata, and some ice. Then, shake vigorously. Keep shaking until the outside of the cocktail shaker feels cold (at least 30 seconds).
3. Next, simply strain the Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shot into your shot glasses and serve!
4. You can enjoy it with a dollop of whipped cream and a cinnamon stick if you want to add a bit of novelty.
- A trick you can use is to add a bit of corn syrup to the rim of your shot glass before dipping it into your cinnamon sugar mixture rather than water for better adhesion of the mixture.
- A splash of vanilla vodka will go well with this drink.
- You can crush real Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal and use the crumbs to rim your shot glasses.
- Try the Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shot Pudding for something extra special. Simply mix your RumChata and Fireball whisky with instant vanilla pudding and some milk and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 416Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 7mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 5gSugar: 36gProtein: 1g