In my house, a party is not a party without some tacos! That is why knowing how to make the perfect ground beef taco dip has been something I have always wanted to do.
When I came across this taco dip with ground beef recipe, I knew I had finally found what I was looking for.
As a big fan of cream cheese and homemade taco seasoning, this wicked combination caught my eye immediately.
This delicious cheesy beef taco dip has transformed Taco Tuesday into the favorite day of the week in my house and no one ever misses it.
If you want to experience a whole new side of tortilla chips, try them with this amazing taco dip with ground beef! Read on and thank me later!
Why I Love This Layered Taco Dip Recipe
This is not the first ground beef taco dip recipe I have come across. I have been making tacos for my family for years and so I know quite a few dip recipes.
However, there is just something special about this recipe that makes it one of my favorites.
Once you master it, I’m sure this ground beef taco dip will be a Taco Tuesday special in your home too, because:
- This is a genuine crowd-pleaser and I can rest assured that once I serve it the party will get going
- I think this dip is best served cold but I have also served hot taco dip during a few mid-winter parties to great success
- The flavors are so delicious and since it is easily customizable using my favorite taco toppings, I can always switch things up when I want something different
- It is an easy appetizer to make and most of the time the taco seasoning, sour cream, shredded cheese, and other ingredients are always available in my kitchen
- When serving seasoned ground beef taco dip at parties, it is very easy to scale up the recipe for larger crowds
- The taco dip with ground beef recipe has many variations in case I don’t have any sour cream or cream cheese mixture handy
When To Serve Ground Beef Taco Dip
When serving taco dip with ground beef, feel free to throw out the rule book! Serve this delicious dip for any occasion and it will not disappoint.
I have served ground beef taco dip at luncheons, picnics, dinners, breakfasts, barbecues, game days, and even at a Cinco de mayo party!
Each time the taco dip managed to fit right in and hardly have any leftovers after my guests were through with it.
You can never go wrong with a ground beef, cream cheese, and sour cream mixture, and this taco dip proves it!
Here are a few tips to remember:
- You need to add salt to the layer of the refried beans because they are not seasoned
- Finely shredded cheese makes the dip easier to eat
- Placing the ground beef layer in the middle of the dip produces the best results but you can try other layer combinations
This versatile recipe calls for creativity to explore the many different variations it offers, such as:
- Ground turkey and ground chicken can be used in place of the ground beef mixture
- Try pepper jack or queso Blanco instead of shredded cheddar cheese
- Some diced jalapeños or avocados will make a great addition to the garnish
- If you are feeling brave, add some diced green chilies to give your dip some extra heat
What To Do With Leftover Taco Meat
Whatever leftover taco meat and dip you have will last at least three to four days in an airtight container placed in the fridge.
However, leaving it too long in the fridge will make the taco dip runny, so be sure to eat it as soon as you can.
Grab Your Taco Seasoning and Cream Cheese Mixture and Follow This Easy Taco Dip Recipe!
You now have a new way to enjoy your lean ground beef with this easy appetizer.
Packed full of nutritious calories and super delicious, this is one of the best dips to enjoy with your tortilla chips!
More Dip Recipes
Ground Beef Taco Dip
If you want to discover a new way to enjoy tortilla chips, try them with this amazing ground beef taco dip recipe!
- 1 lb. brown ground beef
- 3 green onions, diced
- ½ c. water
- 2/3 c. black olives, sliced
- 2 tbsp. taco seasoning mix
- ½ c. tomatoes, diced
- 2 c. refried beans
- 1/2 c. finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 c. sour cream
- 3/4 c. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef, browning gently until it is no longer pink in color.
- Remove the skillet from the stove, drain excess grease, and place the pan and brown ground beef back on the stove.
- Add taco seasoning mix and all the water to the ground beef and stir until most of the water boils off.
- Mix sour cream, refried beans, and salt (optional), and set the sour cream mixture aside.
- In a second bowl, add cream cheese and one cup of sour cream and mix well.
- In a large square pan, layer taco dip carefully in the following order: refried beans, cream cheese mixture, ground beef layer, and shredded cheese.
- Next, it is time to garnish the taco dip with your green onions, diced tomatoes, and black olives.
- If you want to enjoy a hot dip, serve immediately; otherwise, place the ground beef dip into the fridge and serve cold later on.
- Add your favorite toppings and serve with tortilla chips!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 327Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 564mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 18g